but wait there is more. I tried rescheduling on the last day and the day before that. Tried 3 different browsers. Got these two errors: The candidate profile for the requested appointment does not match the current profile. An error has occurred, please try again later

Tried rescheduling via phone (automated) but it couldn't find my *** confirmation number in the records.

Tried even viewing my test info but it said The candidate profile for the requested appointment does not match the current profile.

So I called the next day(today) since it was already too late/early for their opening hours. Their opening hours coincided with my work/class hours so I wasn't able to call them. and guess what they told me it was my fault since their website is only compatible to IE 9 ( the only one I didn't try out) and that I should have called earlier. I was even willing to pay for the rescheduling fee but of course no I couldn't do anything and they couldn't do anything to make up for their lack of tech. This *** company just sucks the money off college students. I've only managed to get a voucher due to a *** medical emergency in the past with tests for ETS. That's right a medical emergency. It takes that much for them to give you a *** refund because at that point they have to. They try to find every *** technicality to make sure the student customer is in the wrong. They get millions and millions of dollars from students each year, but somehow they can't *** upgrade their website to be compatible with other browsers than the *** default *** browser IE9? seriously? and they didn't even mention or apologize for their *** phone rescheduling service. they only apologized that things had to be this way and that they couldn't accommodate me because it was apparently MY OWN fault. It's not the customer service rep I'm angry at but I'm mad at THE policies. it's *** ridiculous.

So ETS here is my message for you. DO you know how many hours I have to work to earn the sort of money this *** exam costs? DO you know how many hours I have to *** work to study for this *** exam? *** you ETS. *** YOU ALL TO ***. YOUR *** EXAM FEES KEEP GETTING HIGHER AND HIGHER. How the *** do you expect us to afford all this? GO *** YOURSELVES. I'VE WASTED $240 on your *** exams on the GRE alone. NOT to mention the *** SAT/PSAT that I had to pay for in the past. YOU'RE REGISTERED AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION YET YOU PEOPLE WHO RUN THE *** COMPANY LIVE OFF THE MONEY OF STUDENTS WHO JUST WANT TO GET A *** DECENT EDUCATION AND WHO ALREADY HAVE TO PAY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR COLLEGE/GRAD SCHOOL.

AS A TESTING SERVICE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FLEXIBLE AND WORK AROUND FOR THE STUDENT'S NEEDS BUT NO YOU DON'T. INSTEAD YOU TAKE OUR MONEY AND PUT UP ALL THESE RULES AND TECHNICALITIES TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT. TELL ME WHAT DO YOU USE THIS MONEY FOR? TO PAY TEST GRADERS TO GRADE COMPUTER BASED TESTS? TO PAY YOURSELVES? *** YOU. YOU ARE *** LUCKY YOU MAKE MONEY OFF A NECESSITY/REQUIREMENT FOR COLLEGE. YOU ARE *** LUCKY THAT YOU MAKE MONEY OFF EXAMS THAT PEOPLE BARELY LOOK AT AFTER ADMISSIONS/INTERVIEWS ARE OVER.

*** YOU ALL. I HOPE YOU ALL ROT IN ***. YOU CLAIM TO BE A HELPFUL NONPROFIT ORG DEVOTED TO SERVING AND IMPROVING EDUCATION FOR THE FUTURE BUT YOU DON'T. iNSTEAD YOU JUST TAKE OUR MONEY SELLING EXAMS, BOOKS, ETC. YOU'RE PART OF THE REASON WHY THIS EDUCATION SYSTEM IS SO *** UP.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ets Exam.

Reason of review: shitty policies and shit service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

ETS Cons: Ets gre.

• Rescheduling
  • Exam

Comments

baileyjanet2001

I really identify with your post. I have been sent from ETS to Prometrix and back to ETS over and over to resolve my issue. No one seems to comprehend that it is possible for an online registration system to make an error.

This is a complaint against ETS itself by the way not against its employees. They're just doing their jobs and I'd hate to be in their shoes to deal with angry customers like myself who have problems with the company policy.

Note I said company, because ETS is far from being a nonprofit org. They only get leeway because they "support" education.

OH and I forgot to mention. I had to call them twice for this issue.

The first time I called them, the guy put me on hold and then hung up. The second time I called them, a female answered and told me it was my fault.

Also for the ER thing, it took them over a week to process my ER papers fax and they never even bothered to email me/contact me about the voucher when they said they would.

At first they told me they'd get back to me in 5 business days then they told me they'd get back to me in 5-10 business days. Instead I had to call them a week and half after the fax to get the *** voucher myself.