ETS is out for one thing - money. I registered for the test 2 months ago and found out on testing day that I wasn't allowed to take the test because the name I registered with (name I go by - first and last) was not completely the same as the one on my ID (which lists my given first, name I go by which is my given middle, maiden name and family last name).

When I pleaded my case in the testing center after finding out what was going on, I got ZERO understanding from customer service. They are only interested in making money - they are so far refusing to reimburse ANY of my $205 test fee!

I understand that there is information about this on the website, but I'm also aware from researching online after this happened to me that I'm not alone. This policy is ridiculous and ONLY benefits the company. They have a monopoly on the graduate admissions standardized testing for so many programs (I am tied down to taking the GRE for the field I want to go into) and don't seem concerned at al with taking money away from test takers who are trying to further their education.

It's awful and wrong. Not to mention, they're registered as a non-profit so in addition to creating policies that take money away from test takers, they also get tax breaks.

Lovely.

I will continue to fight for my money back from ETS, but I also want to put this out there for other people to be aware of, especially women who are married like I am. I'm 31, married with 2 kids and this could easily just completely deter me from moving forward, considering I now have to lose $205 and pay it to this company I have no respect for now because there are no other options - this is a monopoly, its wrong and I sincerely wonder if there are some shady things going on behind the scenes at ETS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ets Gre Exam.

I didn't like: Customer service, Unethical business practices.

Comments

ETS is money exploiter. They have no respect. They cannot provide good conditions at test centers for test takers.