Portland, Maine

I attempted to cancel a GRE test appointment today (September 7th, 2016). On my third attempt to reach the ETS group by phone, I spent 25 minutes on hold.

When I finally spoke with company representative, she was polite and helpful. But ETS's customer service is nevertheless deployable. Despite cancelling the appointment with more than one month of advance notice AND having to twiddle my thumbs waiting for service today, the company is nevertheless withholding 50% of my advance prepayment. Why would a company with a computer malfunction not bring in subcontractors or a support team or other-shift employees to man the telephones??

And why should students across the USA be held hostage to this miserable service?

Product or Service Mentioned: Ets Customer Care.

Comments

I agree with you. I feel like I am held hostage.

After four years of college, student teaching... it all comes down to this score. All throughout my education, they have stated how we should not solely rely on test scores to determine our student's intelligence, yet my whole career comes down to this.

I feel that for the price I paid for the test, I should have my score back before 4 weeks. What makes them qualified to be the authority?