100% full Not resolved

I paid online, on Nov. 26, 2015, for a GRE exam on Dec. 21, 2015, and printed out my Prometric appointment confirmation for the Roanoke, VA, test center from the ETS website. I noted, but did not open, a confirmation email from Prometric that arrived following my transaction.

When I reached the test center on the day of my appointment, I was told that my name was not on the roster. I opened the confirmation email to prove my appointment confirmation and was shocked to discover that my email confirmation did not match my printed confirmation. Both documents were from Prometric --- my printed confirmation had stated Roanoke, VA, as my test center; my email confirmation showed Charleston, WV, as my test center!

I had not carried the printed confirmation to the test center since I knew I had the email confirmation in my inbox, so I could not compare the documents at that time.

My husband was also scheduled to take the GRE at the same time so, after he had completed his test, we drove the 2 1/2 hours home to recheck the printed confirmation for my test. Just as I was certain, the printed confirmation had my appointment scheduled at the Roanoke, VA, test center. A careful comparison of the email from Prometric showed the same confirmation number, same date, and same time, but the Charleston, WV, as the test center.

I immediately called ETS and was told to call Prometric. When I called Prometric I was told to call ETS. I then called ETS again and was told to call Prometric again... I continued to call one office after the other until the ETS office closed for the evening.

The next day (Dec. 22, 2015) after work, I began calling again. I was never allowed to speak to a supervisor, but was put on hold by both ETS and Prometric representatives while I was told that supervisors were being consulted. Finally, a Prometric representative told me that my "ticket" had been shifted up to one of their supervisors and that I could have a decision the next business day (Dec. 23, 2015).

On Dec. 23, 2015, at 10:00 am EST, I called Prometric to determine if the supervisor had made a decision and was told that the "ticket" had been transferred to an ETS supervisor and that I should call ETS. When I asked why no one from Prometric could have called me to tell me to call ETS, I was told that the transfer to ETS took place after business hours on Dec. 22. When I asked why no one had called me after business hours on Dec. 23, I was told that calls are not made until after 11:00 am.

When I called ETS, at 10:15 am, I heard a recorded message saying that ETS is now closed "for the holidays." No date was given for when business will resume, so I do not know whether I will be able to speak to the ETS supervisor on the 26th or will have to wait until Jan. 2, 2016.

This should have been a simple problem to solve. I have written, printed confirmation of my appointment. My email, with the same confirmation number shows a different test center. This is clearly an error on the part of ETS/Prometric. All I want is the chance to take the GRE without having to pay for the test again.

I paid my test fee, took a day off work, drove 2 1/2 hours one way, arrived at the test center a half-hour early --- I have a printed appointment confirmation --- and I have spent hours trying to resolve the problem that ETS/Prometric created with their online registration error.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $195. baileyjanet2001 is overall dissatisfied with Ets and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about ets exam at Ets was online registration error, runaround by customer service representatives and company ignoring printed receipt Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ets.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Education category for more informed decision or compare Ets to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ets?

Comments