1.7
Equipment Quality

I had just finished my Praxis exam when I wanted to review my answers to make sure that I had answered all the questions and was ready to submit them. The only options were to send my scores or to cancel my sending my scores (which I interpreted as going back and reviewing and then submitting my scores).

I chose the latter, and the result was my entire test immediately cancelling and shutting down. I couldn't believe that one click was able to undo 3 hours of testing without so much as a popup explaining the consequences of that one click. I called the Praxis people and explained the situation and they simply said that my results were lost forever and I would have to pay to take the test again. I understand that I should have read it further, but I never thought that there would even be an option to just cancel a test, because I can't imagine a situation where someone would actually want to do it, as a bad score has no real consequences other than you having to take the test again.

Either way, after knowing my situation and that I had not intended to cancel and had made a small mistake, they were incredibly cold and unforgiving and unwilling to do anything to help me other than tell me to pay full price and take it a second time.

Above everything else, I'm just disappointed in the formatting on the test and the lack of any empathy at all from the customer service representatives. Very disappointing, so if you take this test, do not try to review your answers, just submit them because otherwise you will cancel all your work without any real warning.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ets Praxis Exam.

Comments

ShabbyKiwi

I saw that too, holy cow am I glad I never hit that button. It looks like it means cancel sending the scores out to the recipients like your university.

It does not at all indicate that it will cancer your test. I'm sorry this happened to you